Pilates complements physiotherapy excellently, it teaches the client how to move properly, be aware of their body and improve their posture, control, strength and flexibility. It can be very useful in the treatment of lower back pain but is a great form of exercise that anyone can do!
Pilates Class Timetables
Click the buttons below to download timetables
We have several instructors, each brings their own particular skills and personality into the way they teach, so feel free to come along and try them all!
Because many of our instructors have backgrounds as Physio’s, we can offer Clinical Pilates. Clinical Pilates is based on clinical research, and is specifically designed for those rehabilitating from injury.
This wealth of knowledge is shared amongst the whole team. In addition all instructors undertake professional development outside of the studio.
Long term benefits of Pilates include:
- A stronger centre and lumbo-pelvic stability, i.e. strengthening your internal support system to protect your spine
- Improved breathing patterns
- Improved muscle tone, length and strength
- Greater flexibility and mobility, especially of the spine
- Improved body awareness and postural alignment
- Improved quality of movement and fine motor control
Mat Pilates Classes
In Mat Pilates classes you will work in a group of up to 8 people and the instructor will take you through an entire body work-out. In general everyone is working on the same exercise simultaneously, although your instructor will be able to make modifications to the exercises to account for your ability level. This is possible because class numbers are relatively small.
Mat Pilates classes generally run in a 6 week blocks, however casual attendance is possible depending on availability. Please inquire at reception for details on current classes.
Core Circuit Classes
This dynamic class is for those individuals who are looking for a more active class. The class caters those wanting a dynamic core workout to improve functional stability for the challenges of daily life or training for sporting events. The first half takes a circuit format using a variety of equipment including swiss balls, foam rollers, weights and the Pilates reformer or Chair, then moves to more mat based Pilates exercise. There is a maximum of 8 per class.
Studio Pilates Classes
In Studio Pilates classes you will be given your own personalised programme with a maximum of three other people.
You will be closely supervised by your instructor who will not only tailor your programme to your individual needs, but also progressively challenge you further to meet your goals.
You will have access to specialised Pilates equipment; trapeze table, reformers, tower, arcs and combo chair, along with all of the smaller equipment.
Studio Pilates classes are suitable for most clients due to the high level of supervision and variation. They are ideal for people recovering from an injury.
The Studio membership allows increased access to the Pilates equipment. This is so that clients who have a good understanding of Pilates can work independently. The membership suits people that have been a studio client for some time. The membership is great value for money as clients are able to access the studio several times a week during opening hours.
To be eligible for a membership:
- Clients are required to book their time as there is a maximum of 4 clients in a studio at a time unsupervised.
- Sessions are from 30-60minutes in duration.
- A client will start with a one on one session with an instructor where a detailed history is taken, goals are discussed and a programme is designed to meet the clients needs.
- The clients programme will be printed out with pictures and descriptions of the exercises with the appropriate springs and number of repetitions.
After the instructor is happy that the client is able to perform the exercises safely and effectively then they will be able to come into the studio at their booked time and complete their exercises.
- Mat classes – $100 for a block of 6 classes ($10 discount if you attended the previous block)
- Casual mat class – $20 per class
- Studio classes – $160 for 5 classes, $300 for 10 classes that can be used over 6 months
- Casual studio class – $35 per class
- One-on-One Studio Session – $115 an hour, $65 for 30 minutes
- Monthly independent membership – $83
Conditions apply – please contact the studio for more information and details.
Here’s what our clients have to say about our classes:
I just feel so much better since doing Pilates, it is so good for me
I couldn’t have played a round of golf like I can now if it wasn’t for Pilates
Pilates has helped relieve my back pain heaps. It has been most beneficial
Its absolutely brilliant. Fantastic
– Alison has used Pilates to rehabilitate from knee and shoulder surgeries
My Pilates studio class gets me through the week
– Nick (works as a builder)
Doing ‘Mummy Me Time’ Pilates has helped my posture (which was terrible!). Now I remember to drop my shoulders when I push the pushchair or sit at my desk.
– Zoe (Mum to an 8 month old baby)
Being shown the muscle activity by a physiotherapist and then coming to Pilates has really helped (my back) no end- I couldn’t have believed it.
– Verity (33 weeks pregnant)